Krupp 28cm L/76 K5 (E)
Krupp 28cm L / 76 K.5 (E) railway gun was developed by Krupp between 1934-1936, and entered service in 1940. It was a completely new design that made it the best German railway gun of the Second World War. The German troops knew him as “Schlanke Bertha”, (Slim Bertha), or the “hack weapon”. Each K.5 (E) was transported in two separate trains, one called the “gun train” and another named as the “turntable train”, each with specific parts of the gun and the gun carriage respectively. There were plans to make the K.5 (E) transported by land outside the railway network. For this, the piece would be divided into 3 autonomous sections of 130 tonnes each towed by 2 tracked tractors based on Kingtiger tanks. The project was called “K.5 Eisenbahn Runden Feld”, but the plans were never finished.
28cm L/76 K5 (E) gallery and more info