PhotogaleriesFOCA class (1936) gallery 2018-05-252020-10-09 Javier The Atropo boat was used by the British after the 1943 armistice to run supplies to their garrisons in the Samos and Leros Islands on the Aegean Sea, due to the enemy torpedo boats threat. This is Foca boat out of the water. These submarines were quite large for that time, because they must have enough space for their mine load. (Zoea boat). These submarines carried six 533mm torpedo tubes but no reload torpedoes. They also had a 100mm gun for surface targets or to sink damaged ships.